Much has already been posted about Todoroki Keikoku (valley) 等々力渓谷, aka Todoroki Ravine Park 等々力渓谷公園 (map), so I’ll stick to what I do best: maps.
Todoroki Keikoku is a lush, steep ravine cutting through a residential neighborhood on the southern part of Tokyo. It’s especially nice to visit on a hot day, as the temperature in the ravine can be noticeably cooler that at street-level. In addition to a peaceful path along a river, the valley includes a temple and other points of interest:
The main features of this map include:
- (1) Todoroki Station 等々力駅 (map)
- (2) Stairs that descend from street to the valley stream (map)
- (3) 日本庭園等々力 (Nihon teien todoroki) Japanese garden Todoroki (map)
- (4) 等々力不動尊 Todorokifudo (temple) (map)
- (4b) At the bottom of the temple, along the river valley, is a small waterfall
- (5) Cherry trees are south of Todorokifudo and can be seen from a viewing-station (map)
- Todoroki Valley – Tokyo’s small jungle
- Todoroki Valley (Go Tokyo – English)
- Todoroki Valley (Go Tokyo – Japanese)
- [Todoroki Keikoku]A beautiful natural valley in the middle of Tokyo.
- Todoroki Valley on Setagaya-ku webpage
- 等々力渓谷公園でお散歩デート！お薦めランチも駐車場も紹介 (Todoriki Keikoku park sanpo date!)