Came across the Tokyo Metropolitan Police’s Crime map 犯罪情報マップ of the Tokyo-to 東京都 metropolis.
It shows statistics for the month of January 2016 for several crimes, with the number of crimes listed at left:
- (31) Purse-snatching ひったくり
- (9) Indecent exposure 公然わいせつ
- (10) Mugging 路上強盗
- (1293) Shoplifting 万引き
- (383) Burglary 侵入窃盗
- (417) Car burglaries 車上ねらい (vehicle load theft)
- (33) Motor vehicle theft 自動車盗
- (206) Motorcycle theft オートバイ盗
- (3488) Bicycle theft 自転車盗
- (613) Violent crime 粗暴犯
Let’s focus on violent crime in central Tokyo. The green areas (1-3 incidents) are generally evenly distributed across the city. The few districts with more frequent violent crime activity are centered around large train stations with nearby entertainment districts.
Here’s a look at violent crime in around several train stations in Tokyo…
The areas with the highest incidence of violent crime are:
- the infamous Kabukicho 歌舞伎町 entertainment and red-light district, which comprises the red and yellow blocks in the top/middle of the map.
- Shinjukusanchome / Shinjuku 3-chome, the shopping and dining district immediately to the east of Shinjuku…
View original post 193 more words